Friday, March 19, 2010

frazzled

This week has definatly been full of ups and downs. Classes and time are flying by its amazing. Midterms next week then spring break starts on thursday! All of our planning is finally going to happen. Brit, Chelsea, Becky, and I are off to Italy for 8 days! im so exited. Then becky's meeting her family and the three of us are heading down to egypt. That is definatly one place i never thought i would go.. but now i am! Although were not doing the typical, all over europe, spring break im really excited to spend some time in both of these places and maybe get a dose of the culture's in these 2 other countries. All i have is 3 midterms to get through and then its 2 and a half weeks of vacation.. Wootwoot!

St. Patty's day was on wednesday. We all found an irish pub and had the time of our lives there. We all wore green, had green hats, and danced the night away. It was a great night where everyone was just happy and enjoying themselves. No drama or anger or crazyy drunkin people doing dumb things. And best part was no hangover for school on thursday. i was actually productive. haha

As good of a week as its been it has definatly thrown me into a shock. Yesterday i found out about a friend of mine from Eau Claire had passed away in a tragic accident. It was very sudden and I still dont know how i feel about it. I wish i could be there supporting my friends who were so close to him. It's a weird feeling being in a place that brings me so much joy knowing about all the pain thats going on at home. That on top of not knowing how to deal with this myself. I have many close friends here but talking about death is always such a sensitive subject that no one truely understands. I'm just going to stay in touch with people at home the best I can. Just letting them know how much I am there for them even though im not physically there is the best i can do and i know it means a lot to them. It makes me realize again that nothing is forever and not to take these friendships as well as past friendships for granted.

Soo... on that note im going to try and go out this weekend enjoy my time in Thessaloniki before leaving for Italy. We were thinking of a day trip so we'll see if that one happens.. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment